What is it?
Gallery Tilt Shift Plugin is a filter for the Gallery application of the N9 (and N950) MeeGo devices which makes a picture look like a miniature.
From the Wikipedia,
Tilt-shift photography refers to the use of camera movements on small- and medium-format cameras, and sometimes specifically refers to the use of tilt for selective focus, often for simulating a miniature scene. Sometimes the term is used when the shallow depth of field is simulated with digital post-processing; the name may derive from the tilt-shift lens normally required when the effect is produced optically.
Making an photograph of a life-size location or object look like photograph of a miniature scale model is known as Miniature faking. There are several ways to achieve that result, and fake Tilt Shift is one of them.
The easiet way of installing Gallery Tilt Shift Plugin is through its entry in the Nokia Store.
Applying Tilt Shift to a picture:
- From the application grid, open Gallery
- Pick a picture with a size equal or smaller than 512x512px (see Known Issues below)
- Tap on the object menu and select Edit
- Tap on Tilt Shift
- Select the orientation of the focus (horizontal / vertical). In that orientation, the focused area will take all available space
- Select the radius of the focus: that will rule the size of the focused area in the other orientation
- Tap on the screen to center the focus around the given point